A Citywide Bike Theft Workshop
Google San Francisco, 345 Spear Street SF, CA
Monday December 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM
- Learn how the SFPD Investigates Bike Theft
- Hear a presentation on Garage Door Security By Safety Specialists From San Francisco SAFE
- Listen to Bert Hill – Chair of the San Francisco Bicycle Safety Committee for the Board of Supervisors speak on protecting your bicycle from theft.
- Watch Bike Techs from Valencia Cyclery demonstrate for the public how to lock your bicycle on the street and the type of locks a bicyclist should be using
- Visit with National Bike Registry rep and lean about affordable registry services available
- Snacks and beverages provided by Google San Francisco
- Take part in discussions led by the San Francisco Bike Coalition on bike theft topics
- Check out the beautiful home of Google San Francisco and STAY FOR THE WORKSHOP
- Attend the workshop and have a chance to take home a highly rated U lock.
While this is not particularly Polk street news, bike theft affects us all and as an avid rider myself I think this is a great idea. It’s also really good to see the above entities come together and promote bicycle safety and security. I and many other riders use our bikes as our main way to get around, get to work and exercise. I always lock my wheels as well as the frame when leaving my bike on the sidewalk its just a no brainer, but we have all seen those dead frames attached to parking meters devoid of there rims.
This article is courtesy of the SFPD Northern Station News letter and full up to date info can be read over on SFPD Mission Stations web site CLICK HERE!