Well the World Cup is off to a strong start and many of the industry establishments on Polk are cashing in on early morning & afternoon trade. The number one spot on lower Polk hands down is McTeagues, which is the San Francisco headquarters of The American Outlaws.
Coming in at a close second in middle Polk is Cabin, while not a huge venue, for a fairly new joint, it is making its mark & a good one. Other venues on Polk are showing the the games but these two are opening early for the 9am games and they are playing the sound for all the games.
City Hall just like the last World Cup has setup a Large screen where fans can watch the #TeamUSA & many other games live. Here’s the Viewing Schedule for those interested in joining thousands of Soccer fans in Civic Center Plaza. Bring a fold down chair & remember San Francisco weather, bring a sweather or Jacket because it can get cold very quickly. Some of our cities Specialty food trucks will be on hand to feed the fans.
- Saturday, June 14: Columbia v. Greece at 9 a.m.; Uruguay v. Costa Rica at 12 p.m.; England v. Italy at 3 p.m.
- Monday, June 16: Germany v. Portugal at 9 a.m.; Iran v. Nigeria at 12 p.m.; USA v. Ghana at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 17: Belgium v. Algeria at 9 a.m.; Brazil v. Mexico at 12 p.m.; Russia v. South Korea at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, June 22: USA v. Portugal at 9 a.m.; Belgium v. Russia at 12 p.m.; Korea v. Algeria at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, June 26: USA v. Germany at 9 a.m.; Belgium v. Korea at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 9: Semifinals at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, July 13: Final at 12 p.m.
The city really goes to bat (no pun intended) for the US Soccer team & the fans. Yesterdays game against Ghana not only produced a win but also the earliest goal of the World Cup, Dempsey(8) for the U.S. scoring after just thirty two seconds put Ghana on the offensive for most of the game. Ghana managed to pull one back, but the U.S. finished off with a cracker headed in to the back of the Ghana net by the youngster Brooks(6) after a great corner kick.
Check out this Video courtesy of McTeagues of the USMNT vs Ghana – John Anthony Brooks Goal